Your coverage as the SM&CR Director with include:
- Principal trusted advisor on SM&CR to Boards, ExCos, CROs and HO Compliance.
- Provides framework and model to ensure compliance with SM&CR.
- Owns and oversees changes to the SM&CR Framework Document and SM&CR Policy.
- Ensures effective governance on our SM&CR Operating Model.
- Operates as the key point of contact for Executives & Central Function heads involved in the delivery of SM&CR.
- Leads and manages the central SM&CR team to be a high performing unit.
- Operates as the point of contact with FCA on SM&CR matters.
- Drives to conclusion the SM&CR related aspects of disciplinary cases.
- Monitors changes to SM&CR regulation.
- Manages the SM&CR change management forum.
- Owns and oversees SM&CR exceptions process for F&P and Conduct Rule Breaches.
- Ongoing assurance of SM&CR training and competence for all populations impacted by SM&CR.
- Chair of the SM&CR Forum (Attended by central SM&CR team and relevant SMEs and business representatives).
- Owns SM&CR input to regulatory approval applications.
- Sets training strategies for SM&CR, ensuring necessary delivery standards.
- Maintains role as "super-administrator for the SM&CR management tool
- Representative at external SM&CR forums.
- This role will have coverage across all FCA Regulated entities, with some oversite on SM&CR positioning in across our geographical footprint.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of the SM&CR Regulation and its implementation within the FS Sector.
- Significant experience of interfacing and influencing at a Board and ExCo level.
- Brings influence to decision making in view of a business area of central function's strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills used to build relationships at all levels throughout an organisation.
- Has natural presence and gravitas displayed in the way they undertake their role.
- Has a sound understanding of FCA (and other) regulations, can analyse regulations and assess their impact on the organisation.
- Operates at a strategic and operational business level.
- Dynamic and proactive bringing energy and enthusiasm to their role.
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness business acumen, strategic planning.
- A natural leader of people.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.