My client, a leading technology consultancy, are looking for a SOC specialist to join their Cyber and Digital practice to develop an operating model for a national health trust SOC (Security Operations Centre).
The successful SOC Specialist will develop:
- A service design for a national SOC
- SOC structure -team size and workload
- Skills matrix for SOC resources
- A phased implementation plan
- SOC policies / procedures / playbooks
- SOC success metrics
Essential skills / experience of the successful SOC Specialist include:
- Experience designing, configuring, implementing or operating Cyber Security Operations Centres (CSOC)
- Understanding of central and emerging cyber security services and technology - including but limited to SIEM (ideally Splunk & Sentinel expertise), vulnerability management, NGF, network controls, IDS / IPS, automation tools, threat intelligence services etc.
- Knowledge of Cyber security organisations and guidance such as NCSC and associated Active Cyber Defence (ACD) services
- Knowledge of key security standards such as: 27001, OWASP, Cyber Essentials/CE+/10 Steps, CIS Top 20 Critical Controls
- Expertise in Microsoft 365 security aspects as well as using or configuring ATP and using Sentinel (MS SIEM technology)
- A background working within the NHS / Public sector desirable
Key words: Security Operations Centre, SOC, Cyber Security, NHS, Information Security, service design, National SOC, Edinburgh, Scotland, threat intelligence, event management, log management, incident management & response, digital transformation, SIEM, Splunk, Sentinel, perimeter, Endpoint security, SOC Service Catalogue, SOC tooling & technologies, Cloud, vulnerability management, NGF, network controls, IDS / IPS, automation tools, threat intelligence services, NCSC, Active Cyber Defence (ACD), 27001, OWASP, Cyber Essentials/CE+/10 Steps, CIS Top 20 Critical Controls, Microsoft 365.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.