This role will be responsible for managing the production support and small enhancement of various IT systems, the candidate would be expected to drive continuous improvement in respect of automated testing, release management and systems performance monitoring.
The supported applications include Digital platform and legacy underwriting and claims systems, the Digital platform is deployed in the UK and significant European countries partly in the cloud.
The legacy technology is a mixture of classic "Thick Client" and web based user interfaces over Oracle or SQL Server databases. These systems are no longer being enhanced but remain business critical and require on-going support and minor changes on a "business as usual" basis.
The candidate will also be expected to work closely with the business leads to ensure good communication at all times and when necessary, escalate issues to senior IT and/or business management as appropriate.
The technical support of these systems is delivered by (mainly off shore) IT teams and a key aspect of the role is managing the relationship with the support teams, directing resource and prioritising support issues in consultation with the business users. Experience of software development and the management of developers or technical support staff will be of benefit in this role.
There will be a need to assess technical issues with the support team and the relevant staff in the Global Data Centre and then jointly agree and implement technical solutions. A willingness to embrace and understand the varied technologies supporting these systems will be seen as a key advantage in this role.
The candidate will need to monitor the financial spend inherent in the use of third party support resources. There will be a need to work with senior IT and business management on financial planning and the candidate will be expected to manage the approval process for new statements of work where justified.
The candidate will need to coordinate business and IT resource to ensure that support fixes and minor enhancements are properly tested and promoted into production in line with the Change Development Framework.
- Formal PM Qualification would be desirable but a thorough appreciation in project planning, systems development life-cycle, project tracking, monitoring and management is essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Good knowledge of enterprise portfolio management tool Clarity is preferred
- An understanding of retail and/or wholesale insurance and claims business processes.
- Significant technical expertise
- Experience of the financial services sector, preferably general insurance
- Experience of working with and managing outsourcing providers with an on/offshore model
- Working knowledge of formal project management methodologies
- Excellent communication and soft skills, combined with the ability to impart technical knowledge
- Organised, driven delivery focused and attention to detail.
- Expertise in understanding and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.