The Planning and Stress testing team is responsible for coordinating and recommending the optimal commercial plan of the firm. This role is in the RWA and Treasury modelling pillar of the team.
- Reviews the RWA, credit and market risk inputs to the group plan,
- Manage the FDSF spot submission process; and
- Enhance the P&L, RWA and Leverage forecasts by working closely with the execution desks under both baseline RAF / MTP’s and macroeconomic stress testing scenarios.
This role works closely with other elements of the planning and stress testing framework to provide robust interlocked plans and recommendations around the optimal strategy of the firm. There are also significant elements of tactical enhancement using the firms tools and engagement with strategic enhancements to the plan.
The Treasury desks are responsible for managing the short term funding and liquidity of the bank.
(i) Raising short and long term secured and unsecured funding in the market,
(ii) Acting as a central aggregation point for longer dated MTM and bond issuance,
(iii) Providing term funding to business clusters to according to their ALM needs,
(iv) Managing and investing the liquidity buffer
(v) Implementing components of transfer pricing in its funding framework.
Overall purpose of role:
- This role works alongside existing resource and the team looks at the below. This role will encompass elements of the workload of the team and give opportunities to work on other aspects of Planning and Stress testing:
Key accountabilities and skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
- FDSF spot reporting – looking across multiple clusters to understand their submissions, aggregating those and delivering them to the PRA
- RWA review – setting up a framework to understand the RWA’s by business and engagement with CRO’s and KRO’s to support Stress testing
- Sitting with Treasury desks to understand the intuition behind their P&L dynamics.
- Produce modelled P&L forecasts as generated from the funding plan and transfer pricing activities in order to support MTP, Stress testing, scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Working with the desk to manage the short term liquidity metrics and align analysis between the desk and planning and forecasting views to build one short term view with explanation of variances to plan to enhance the forecast model
Stakeholder management and leadership
- Assisting the desk, Treasury finance, and wider Treasury community to explain the results of the P&L forecast in order to feed long term strategy and cross Treasury optimisation
- Working in partnership with the desk to understand current trends including the impact of changes in business and other functions usage and capture headwinds
Decision making and problem solving
- Continuously assess and test enhancements to the model to encompass additional desks / mechanisms and assess their integration into the wider planning, forecasting strategy, NII and IRRBB modelling
Risk and Control
- All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise wide risk management framework and internal Barclays policies and policy standards
Your skills and qualifications will include
- Working closely with a trading desk to understand their drivers and requirements
- Examples of Treasury P&L modelling or similar using key underlying drivers and articulating their impact on the results.
- Experience of working across both base and stressed datasets, with a sound understanding of the rationale and purpose of stress testing for banks and the implications for the results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills able to distil key messages from large datasets, and engage proactively and clearly with director and MD level stakeholders outside the immediate team.
- Working with multiple diverse stakeholders in order to achieve a common goal