World renowned Bank is searching for a Tax Manager to join their London desk. This role will involve leading the Taxation team and will be responsible for ensuring the Bank achieves its tax obligation and compliance requirements. The role owns the relationship with the Bank's compliance manager at HMRC and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversight of the preparation of UK corporation tax computations and returns, monthly VAT returns and year-end tax reporting.
- Managing a team of 2.
- Maintaining and updating working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information; interpreting and communicating to ensure that the implications of tax laws are known, and the company meets its obligations.
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including tax authorities and internal and external auditors, to ensure service delivery meets expectations.
- Responsible for the provision of tax support to internal stakeholders, through analysis of financial and non-financial impacts of tax decisions to influence wider decision making.
- Lead on partnering across the organisation to provide advice on ad hoc indirect taxation and employment taxation issues to ensure correct advice and guidance is provided, and oversight of overseas tax reporting requirements.
- Key involvement in the implementation a new general ledger and new reconciliations systems to shape and deliver all Tax relevant aspects.
- Proven Corporation Tax experience gained in either industry or straight from a top 10 practice.
- ACA or CTA Qualified
- Knowledge of relevant UK tax legislation
- Knowledge of IFRS relative to UK CT - tax statutory reporting
- Exposure to international jurisdictions, Double Tax Treaties and employee Tax - desirable
- Managerial Experience - desirable
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious tax professional who is looking to take ownership of a role in a high-profile organisation. The role offers clear career progression opportunities to a Board level role in the future.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.