This is a leading corporate and investment bank which needs no introduction. Due to internal movement, an opportunity has arisen within finance, sitting within the bank's technical accounting group.
The role reports to the director of technical accounting for the APAC region, and works alongside peers across the region as well as globally. Due to the advisory nature of this role, the position involves working with a large group of stakeholders across various business areas/functions.
The objective of the technical accounting team is to provide clear guidance applicable to the bank's reporting standards. The team are responsible for ensuring all business areas and finance teams have sound knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts and IFRS requirements applicable to their products, activities and transactions, as well as assessing specific accounting matters.
Having expert technical accounting knowledge, you will provide advice and guidance in the following areas:
- Management and resolution of accounting issues working across different businesses/areas of the bank and engaging multiple stakeholders
- Review new transactions and new products including contributing to transaction development
- Support the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to finance colleagues, other support functions and front office
- Implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15) and review and remediation as required for application of existing requirements
- Oversight of technical accounting compliance for external reporting under quarterly timetable and other ad-hoc reporting.
The successful applicant
Strong technical accountants with experience within banking OR Big 4 (banking/financial services team) are welcome to apply. The following are essential credentials for this role.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years work experience, post qualification
- Good level of understanding of banking products and relevant technical accounting concepts
- Interest and competency in understanding and applying technical accounting requirements under IFRS. This does not need to be at advanced level, as your knowledge will develop stronger in the role. You must however understand the IFRS requirements and the implications they have on various accounting transactions and products.
- Strong analytical skills self-directed research will be required
- First-class communication skills are required to ensure the technical requirements are understood by your stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a true subject matter expert. You will be part of a globally recognised and highly respected organisation which operates a dynamic working environment, with success and excellence at the forefront of everything they do. A competitive salary and benefits teamed with outstanding technology and tools and support await the successful candidate.