World-leading Reinsurance Group specialising in Life and Property insurance is currently searching for a Part-Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant to add to their Longevity Financial Operations team.
- Lead the on-boarding of longevity treaties into the technical accounting and data processes to ensure accounts are submitted in accordance with contractual terms and in line with internal business requirements.
- Manage all aspects of the outsourced annuity administration services.
- Manage the relationships with the annuity clients and outsourcing provider.
- Produce MI for Senior management and clients.
- Co-ordinate the oversight and governance activities requested by clients.
- Lead the annual due diligence and governance activities on the outsourcing provider.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and controls to ensure that the annuity administration service continues to meet all internal, client and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Treaty Accountant and the Data Management team to deliver high quality analytics and business performance reporting.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of high quality client account data that meets business requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert for Branch longevity accounting and reinsurance operations.
- Lead and participate in both Group and Local projects in respect of longevity accounting and business performance reporting.
- Part-qualified or newly qualified accountant (ACCA preferred)
- Strong academic background (minimum 2:1 degree)
- Proven experience within an Insurance Finance role
- Reinsurance experience (strongly desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP (desirable)
This new hire will be the main operational contact for longevity clients and suppliers, and therefore it is essential that you have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. The company offers a flexible hybrid environment, highly competitive benefits, and there is genuine potential for internal progression within a relatively short time-frame.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.