World renowned Regulatory body is currently hiring for a number of technical accountants/accounting policy specialists to join their London team. This role will support key projects across a number of industries and will involve supporting on the delivery of technical accounting projects and providing recommendations to key internal and external stakeholders.
* Develop technical proposals for consideration by the Board and the Committee.
* Responsible for undertaking research to support proposals, initiating and leading discussions with Board members, drafting proposals for consideration and presenting them to Board members.
* Produce a range of documents for internal and external use.
* Act as a credible representative of the Board by consulting with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share information.
* Manage committees and working groups.
* Manage technical project administrative matters.
* Strong knowledge of IFRS Standards across any industry
* Currently working at Manger or Senior Manager level within Top 10 Practice or in an Accounting Policy/Technical Accounting function in industry
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/CA Preferred)
* Strong presentation and influencing skills
* Good Understanding of the standard-setting process
* Proven track record in problem solving and providing solutions on complex accounting topics.
This is a very unique opportunity that will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their specialist IFRS knowledge in a highly visible environment that will have global industry impact. The organisation offers the platform to become recognised as a Subject Matter Expert in the IFRS field and a strong flexible working culture.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.