Technical Accounting Specialist - Regulator
World renowned Regulatory body is currently hiring for a number of technical accountant/accounting policy specialists to join their London team. This role will support key projects across a number of industries and will involve supporting on the delivery of technical accounting projects and providing recommendations to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop technical proposals for consideration by the Board and the Committee.
- Responsible for undertaking research to support proposals, initiating and leading discussions with Board members, drafting proposals for consideration and presenting them to Board members.
- Produce a range of documents for internal and external use.
- Act as a credible representative of the Board by consulting with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share information.
- Manage committees and working groups.
- Manage technical project administrative matters.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS Standards across any industry
- Currently working at Senior Manager level within the Big 4 or in an Accounting Policy/Technical Accounting function at a FTSE 250 Company
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CA Preferred)
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Good Understanding of the standard-setting process
- Proven track record in problem solving and providing solutions on complex accounting topics.
This is a very unique opportunity that will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their specialist IFRS knowledge in a highly visible environment that will have global industry impact. The organisation offers the platform to become recognised as a Subject Matter Expert in the IFRS field and a strong flexible working culture.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.