A leading bank is searching for an experienced accountant to join their technical accounting team in London. This role has been created through internal mobility and is focused on providing technical accounting guidance applicable to company reporting, support finance and business functions in understanding accounting applicable to their activities, products, and transactions and support relevant areas in assessment of accounting judgemental matters.
- Accounting issues management and resolution working across different businesses/areas of the banks and engaging multiple stakeholders.
- Review and approval of new transactions and new products including contributing to transaction development. This includes transactions by organisation (purchases, disposals, investments of businesses etc.) and those entered into with and for clients.
- Support for the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to finance colleagues, other support functions and front office.
- Implementation of new accounting standards and review and remediation as required for application of existing requirements.
- Oversight of technical accounting compliance for external reporting under quarterly timetable and other ad-hoc reporting.
- Analyse accounting aspects of products, transactions and accounting issues, consideration of available options and proposing of appropriate advise and solutions.
- Qualified Accountant with post qualified experience (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience ideally within another technical accounting or accounting policy role within another bank but candidates from financial control or advisory functions in audit will also be considered
- Strong understanding of IFRS accounting requirements and their implications to products and transactions is required.
- Excellent academic background – minimum 2:1 degree
This position has regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential you have strong interpersonal skills. This role offers a clear progression path into the head of technical accounting position in the future.