This is a great opportunity to join a leading financial organisation, to work within their risk department. It is a senior management role requiring an analytics subject matter expert. The ideal candidate will also have international or at least regional experience. Communication is key to this role, the right candidate must have proven stakeholder management capabilities.
- Assess, understand and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including subject matter knowledge and taking into account the market rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans
- Incorporate front-office changes in interest rates, credit, equity, foreign exchange, securitizations and counterparty valuation pricing systems into market risk models. This involves liaising with front-office desk strategists, risk managers and IT for integration of new products and risks into official and internal risk numbers.
- Ensure adequate risk visibility and control frameworks to enable identification of inappropriate positions and activities in traded credit risk. Ensure that these positions are escalated to the right level of management
- Avoidance of inappropriate losses due to credit default.
- Provide traded credit risk input and signoff on derivatives related credit proposals
- A Degree in finance, risk management or relevant quantitative discipline
- Strong understanding in the markets products, particularly in financial derivatives.
- Deep knowledge in counterparty exposure measurement principles.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.