UK Finance Manager - Reinsurance
Global Reinsurer is currently searching for a Finance Manager to join UK Protection London team. This role has been created by an internal move and will reporting to the UK Head of Finance and take a lead role in the oversight of required output for the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting cycle for the UK protection business.
- Managing a team of two Accountants based both in the UK
- Responsibility for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and commentary on insurance entities for review by Head of Finance and MD UK.
- Working with Head of Finance and Divisional Accountants to develop enhanced reporting from PeopleSoft
- Co-ordination and review of Management Information Packs
- Review of insurance payments and receipts
- Checking of month end journals to PeopleSoft
- Recording and reconciliation of PeopleSoft to source systems relating to USGAAP, FRS102 and Solvency II reporting
- Work with Head of Finance and Actuarial Valuation teams to produce business Plans for the UK Business Unit down to legal entity level
- Co-ordination of monthly/quarterly close process
- Monthly/quarterly results reporting/commentary and assist in communication to the Regional Head of Finance EMEA and MD UK
- Finance point of contact for new treaty/transaction negotiation for the business
- Regulatory and statutory reporting for the UK Business
- Process improvement and lead cross geographical teams in developing best practices across the region
- Responsible for ensuring SoX and other regulatory compliance monitoring and review
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with PQE experience - Essential
- Life Insurance sector background gained from either another Insurance company or Big 4 Practice - Essential
- Management/Financial accounting experience - Essential
- Regulatory Accounting experience - Preferable but not essential
- Proven Leadership skills including prior management experience
- Practical knowledge of US GAAP - Highly Desirable
- Advanced Excel skills
- Prior experience in Peoplesoft - Preferable
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders across the UK and wider EMEA region so it is therefore essential you have strong interpersonal skills. The position offers a realistic career path to the UK Head of Finance role in the future and a hybrid flexible working environment.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.