Reporting to the Head of In-Business Control, Commercial Banking Hong Kong, the as the VP Business Controll, you will be expected to:
- Possess adequate knowledge of the responsibilities of an in-business control function, supported by a thorough understanding of Commercial Bank’s operating environment.
- Maintain oversight over emerging and existing key risks, controls, corrective actions and enhancement initiatives on an end-to-end basis
- Assist in the implementation of global, regional and country risk and control policy requirements and processes including the reinforcement, enhancement, rationalization, and streamlining of such processes, and the strengthening of the overall risk and control environment. Liaising with partners such as Compliance, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management on standards & regulatory interpretation
- Help to promote a strong culture of risk and control awareness and compliance with policies and requirements in the Commercial Bank
- Partner, coordinate and interact with other Control units such as Second Level Control functions like Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Operational Risk Management (ORM), Country Legal, Country Compliance, and Country Finance, and Internal Audit on Commercial related risk and control activities
- Assist initiatives for providing training and raising awareness on risks and controls
- Support IBC Head of CCB Hong Kong, and work with in-country Business and Function Heads as well as Regional CCB IBC Head to identify, dimension, prioritize, and report key risks, and implement robust controls
- Assist in root cause analysis for material risk events and control breaks including an effective feedback loop to local and regional management. Supporting CCB Business Heads with the design, implementation, and validation of control issues and their associated Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) in line with the Asia Regional CAP Directive
- Possess proficient knowledge of AML / KYC down to operational level, in the context of CCB’s clientele under the Hong Kong regulatory environment
- Coordinate with Sales Heads and Relationship Managers, and lead the fellow team members (as and when required), to supervise the AML/KYC process; so as to ensure CCB Hong Kong’s monthly CADDs are renewed timely. Coordinate with BSU to minimize expired CADDs
- Ensure that all AML alerts are disambiguated by relationship managers within defined timelines
- Participate, and lead when necessary, post-implementation tasks such as UAT, training etc. of KYC, as and when required
- Track, monitor and report CCB related issues and their associated CAPs and promptly escalating CAPs that are at risk of missing their target dates
- Help to monitor outsourced functions: Oversight of service providers, including conducting of annual due diligence reviews
- University degree
- At least 10 years’ related experience
- Hands-on experiences on items like Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA), Business Recovery Plan, local procedures drafting, etc. would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.