A global investment bank are seeking experienced control room candidates to join their established and experience team.
The control room is primarily responsible for preserving the integrity of the bank’s information barriers by monitoring and controlling the flow of confidential information between the bank’s private side businesses (e.g. banking and corporate banking) and public side businesses (e.g. sales, trading and research).
- Involved in all aspects of the daily operation of the control room including but not limited to review of insider lists, wall crossings, monitoring and surveillance, disclosures reviews, media requests.
- Performance of all UAT testing for system upgrades as required.
- Requests and data gathering as it relates to compliance monitoring & testing, global compliance assurance, internal audit, and regional compliance queries.
- Reviewing research publications, active involvement in research clearance shifts (including early morning shifts) to support the Asia and US regions.
- Monitoring and surveillance activities both in conducting daily reviews and in handling escalations of issues identified for areas including watch and restricted list surveillance, trade ideas monitoring, and other ad-hoc reporting of issues that create potential reputational and/or regulatory risk to the bank.
- Liaise with legal and other areas of compliance to monitor and restrict sales, trading and/or research activities pursuant to certain legal, regulatory and/or policy considerations.
- Daily statistical gathering and recording for internal reporting purposes.
- Recording of breaches in Barclays internal compliance systems.
- Review and preparation of training materials and conduct training both to compliance and to business as required.
- Review and provision of solutions to local and global policy and procedural developments.
- Provide guidance and timely responses to ad hoc queries from the front office including those related to trading and the restricted list, banking requests for chaperoning, and data requests from research.
- Involved in increasing number of global projects and initiatives.
- Develop policies and guidance to assist the business to understand and comply with its regulatory obligations.
- Carrying out assurance reviews on control room tasks.
- Assist with completing compliance risk assessments for the businesses.
- Preparation of management information as it relates to the control room and other internal reporting.
- Provide support and cover to other areas within private side compliance for the region as needed.
- Act as liaison with other compliance functions on queries as they relate to the control room.
- Conflicts clearing and work with business selection group as may be required.
Experience and skills required:
- College or university graduate with 4+ years of compliance experience in financial services, preferably with control room and/or private side compliance experience.
- Possess a strong understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or securities regulation and rules.
- Strong understanding of information control and conflicts of interest issues, as well as surveillance and monitoring experience.
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing with ability to articulate problems, issues, and proposals effectively and with an advanced command of concepts and procedures.
- Ability to interact with senior front office personnel and confidence to uphold compliance positions under pressure.
- Proactive and willing to take on issues/responsibilities that require focus and determination.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft packages and aptitude with IT systems.