Work collaboratively with others in IA to develop strong independent client relationships, to be a respected voice. Responsible for delivery of audits/assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology and to support delivery of the IA audit plan.
- Driving data analytics strategy in key portfolios within IA
- Managing a team whose primary responsibility is delivery of quality analytics/identifying opportunities/upskilling auditors/self-serve tools
- Develop sustainable and re-useable data analytics models and programs to improve the efficiency of IA and to improve audit coverage
- Support audit delivery teams with the identification and delivery of analytics solutions
- Provide training to audit staff on how to develop and execute basic analytics programs
- Maintain a library of re-usable data analytics programs and functional specifications
- Build and maintain dashboards and common data sets regularly required by audit delivery teams
Stakeholder management and leadership
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all colleagues internal (CIAs/vice presidents/directors/managing directors)
- Influencing your key stakeholders to progress DA strategy for their portfolios
- Understand the needs of client/customer and make decisions using this knowledge
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged
- Managing experienced team members taking responsibility for their development. Share knowledge with IA colleagues and peers in the business. Be open to learn from others through feedback given to you
- Identify opportunities for analytics and communicate appropriately to stakeholders
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Support the data analytics director in analytics project scoping and development where necessary
- Develop analytics for controls testing
- Update the data analytics director and audit team with progress and observations
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by vice presidents/directors/managing directors
- Suggest practical ways of improving audit work through the use of analytics
- Practical experience of development and execution of analytics programs to assess control environments as part of an internal or external audit role/function, or as part of a risk management function
- Track record in influencing senior stakeholders
- Leading teams responsible for delivering analytics/self-serve tools etc.
- Practical experience with - data analysis/ Mining, SAS, R, Python, SQL, server/Oracle/TERADATA/Other RDBMS
- Strong practical knowledge of data mining, data analysis and visualization techniques
- Programming / software development / data management experience
- Proven track record of high performance in previous roles
- Experience with advanced analytics, including decision trees and machine learning.
- Financial services industry knowledge.
- Knowledge about new and emerging data analytics technologies.
- Experience of leading others during projects.
R1114575 - Registration Number