This is an exciting new headcount in a fast growing reinsurance business. They are looking for experienced finance professionals to join the team. The business is comprised of some global leaders in the Reinsurance space, with a strong management team across the business. They are looking for individuals with 8+ years experience in External Audit, Financial Reporting and Investment Accounting / Investment Reporting. The ideal candidate will have started their career in a Big 4 audit firm before moving in house in either a Financial Reporting or Investment Reporting role.
- Responsible for overseeing the Investment accounting and preparing investment reports, responsible for end to end process from journal entry to investment valuation and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in with investment accounting standards, particularly IFRS 9 and conversion from IFRS 39 to IFRS 9
- Engage actively in the implementation of IFRS 9 and support IFRS 9 reporting to Group
- Ensure accuracy, correctness and completeness of the accounting and reporting of investment transactions for the company, taking into account valuation, foreign exchange, and amortisation in a timely manner
- Ability to think ahead, and identify issues before they are processed, and where errors are identified, ability to problem solve.
- To actively try to improve the processes, and identify efficiencies for the investment reporting and investment accounting team. Constantly give feedback and seek areas for improvement in the reporting process, data quality and systems and tool enhancements
- Perform Profit/loss analysis and engage in Planning and forecast
- To communicate professionally with internal clients and other stakeholders
- Compilation of regular and ad-hoc internal and external reports (including regulatory reports), in HKFRS basis and for the purpose of tax computation
- Proactively identify risks, maintain effective controls and address control issues on timely basis
- Support interim / year end audit and internal audit by providing required details
- Active in knowledge transfer and participate in ad hoc projects and reporting on financial investment information throughout the year
Job Based Competencies
- Over 8 years of relevant experience
- Professionally qualified, e.g. ACCA
- Strong knowledge and experience in financial accounting, investment accounting and investment reporting
- Knowing Asian insurance regulatory environment is preferable
- Able to identify issues and initiate effective communication with line manager and internal stakeholders
- Good written English, Chinese and interpersonal skills. Able to express thoughts and communicate in a clear manner in a multinational environment
- Good understanding in insurance and reinsurance is a plus
- Good computer and excel skills and SAP knowledge
- High ability in using Bloomberg terminal computer system
If you are interested in the role please apply below or contact me for more information.