Commercial and highly business and front office support role, based in the real estate arm of a well-known global asset manager with significant operations across the UK and Europe. This senior level role would suit someone with experience in investment operations or transaction support / transaction management in a real estate fund (or similar), who'd be interested in working for a large international business committed to providing continuous career development and a flexible working culture.
This position is pivotal to the smooth running of the real estate business, providing operational, deal execution and portfolio management support. The team works with many stakeholders including deal teams, finance, tax, legal and external counterparties.
- Due diligence coordination and background checks, coordinating KYC, funding and signatures
- Review/prepare documents for compliance with investment processes
- Accurate reporting of transactions
- Closing binder administration and managing post-closing follow ups
- Coordinating with deal teams and internal counsel during negotiation and execution of standardised transaction documents e.g. NDAs, SPAs, LPAs, Facility Agreements and Side Letters
- Monitoring expenses associated with each transaction
- Working with external counterparties to ensure ongoing accurate and timely quarterly reporting
- Proactively make suggestions and lead improvements in RE's deal related processes
- Other ad-hoc requests as required by deal teams
Reporting and operations
- Quarterly, semiannual and annual reporting of portfolio data for the Europe real estate portfolio including related system maintenance, i.e. data collection, entry and updates
- Coordination and management of annual strategic asset planning process for European real estate portfolio
- Ad-hoc deal and portfolio analysis which provides good insight into the portfolio dynamics
- Relevant policy/compliance administration, process improvements and roll outs
- Ideally 8 to 10 years plus experience in a similar investment operations or deal / transaction / investment support role
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience of working in a real estate fund is preferred but also open to other similar assets classes like private equity, debt etc.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work independently and manage projects
- Service-focused, with a desire to be a strong partner to investment teams and other stakeholders
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Inquisitive self-starter, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive co-ordination and project manage amongst multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing teams either in a formal capacity and / or through leading major projects
- Possess an analytical mind, and strong negotiating ability to create win-win situations
- Comfortable managing a significant volume of data
- A good understanding of the commercial, governance and legal terms of real estate deal documents would be an advantage
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.