This team provides a comprehensive program of audit coverage for APAC market risk management activities across all lines of business. The individual will be responsible for executing audits as both a project manager and as a participant, as needed.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations with banking policies.
- Perform/lead audits in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions. This includes those audits that are the most complex and subject to the fast changing state of regulatory requirements as set out in the annual plan.
- Drive the coverage of market risk and APAC risk governance by applying technical knowledge to all phases of the audit process, and provides coaching to team members during the audit.
- Deliver on time high quality Internal Audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as supporting business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Assist in developing the audit universe for APAC market risk management, ensuring insightful and current risk assessment on an ongoing basis through business monitoring.
- Ensure that potential issues are raised promptly and collaboratively to IA and business management with a view to identifying the most viable, pragmatic and sustainable conclusion to mitigate the risk.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key senior market risk and APAC risk governance managers and staff as well as local business and supporting contacts.
- Use excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. Negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Gain knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments, new laws, rules, products, technologies and applications and considers implications for the business and audit universe and plan.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Professional qualification (Financial Risk Manager or similar professional Audit qualification) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets with a broad understanding market risk concepts and measurement of risks.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Specific subject matter expertise in Risk Management related concepts including but not limited to Capital Adequacy, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Credit Risk etc.