- Responsibility for Operational Risk oversight of Global Trade and Receivable Finance and all their activities across the Region.
- Leverage local country Operational Risk and regional Operational Risk resources where appropriate to deliver oversight over the use and embedding of the Operational Risk Management Framework by the Three Lines of Defence.
- Liaise with businesses and business lines to foster the understanding and spirit of risks and controls, balancing encouragement, guidance and challenge and ensuring accurate and objective reporting to Senior Management.
- Possess an excellent and in depth working knowledge of business line activities in risk and control concepts.
- The incumbent will have to be a subject matter expert in the business line areas and will have to build up an in depth knowledge of the risks and controls relating to the business line responsibilities.
- Provide adequate and consistent oversight and assurance over the business line.
- Requires close coordination and good negotiation skills.
- In addition, the jobholder is expected to be organized and to act independently and exercise broad discretion with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Candidate would need to have strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and confidence to deal with senior staff to sell the benefits of Operational Risk management and challenge their operating environment.
- Leveraging of skills of the wider team in Hong Kong and elsewhere and ensuring that there is coordinated activity and ability to manage priorities to ensure delivery in a constantly changing environment.
- Extensive industry experience in and strong knowledge of the control environment surrounding, corporate and investment banking institution.
- Good analytical abilities including root cause analysis