A leading private bank in Asia are looking to bring in a high calibre individual to lead a newly created audit team in Hong Kong. The team is looking to expand in the near future, so the position does have good possibility of becoming a local head position. The bank have a strong market position in Asia, and have been expanding the team across Asia. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing institution, to further develop your career.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Team Lead the audits of private banking based on group audit’s risk based audit approach in evaluating governance framework, risk management and regulatory compliance processes and internal controls systems.
- Provide recommendations to improve the design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Participate in strategic projects to enhance the banks audit and risk management framework.
- Strong understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements of private banking in Hong Kong.
- Good audit skills and understanding of all risks and controls relating to private banking.
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader and as a team member, with the requisite analytical and managerial skills to perform detailed/technical work without losing sight of ‘big picture’ issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
- Hold a professional qualification (CPA/CA/CIA) and a bachelor degree.
- At least 9 years or more of auditing/relevant experience.
- A high level of integrity, drive and the ability to work under pressure are essential attributes.
- Business level spoken Mandarin is a must.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must.