In this interview Caroline discusses:
- How her leadership style has evolved throughout her career
- Adapting her approach to leadership during Covid-19
- Leaning into conversations about diversity and inclusion
- Growing and developing future leaders
- Why she takes inspiration from rugby director, Rob Baxter
- Why 'listening' is the most importance advice she can offer other leadership teams during this time
Watch the full episode now.
Caroline joined the Financial Ombudsman Service in 2000 and has helped to lead the organisation through substantial change. She was appointed chief ombudsman & chief executive in July 2014. She’s also an experienced member of the executive team, joining it in 2011 as principal ombudsman and legal director.
Caroline was called to the bar and spent her early career working in the insurance industry, before joining the Insurance Ombudsman Bureau in 1999. Outside of our service, Caroline was appointed to the board of the Crown Prosecution Service in June 2018 and also chairs its Nominations and Governance Committee. She was appointed to the board of governors at Nottingham Trent University in September 2020 and also sits on their Audit and Risk Management Committee.