My Client is urgently looking for an API Solution Architect to work onsite with a large banking organisation based within London.
- The Architecture function defines the technical vision, design and specifications that delivers solutions to business problems.
- Integral to this need is to demonstrate a broad understanding of information technology, designing for a digital world through to the disciplines needed to oversee solution delivery
- Influential in the continued development of API design standards and delivery approach.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, contributes to the development of group standards and identifies and implements new practices, processes and technologies where required.
- Instrumental in the design and delivery of integration architectures for business solutions through the solutions design process, focusing mainly on medium or multiple architecture activities.
- Ensures that non-functional requirements are clearly understood, rationale for holistic design & its components are provided, designs are peer reviewed and endorsed by the appropriate governance bodies.
- Introduce new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies.
- Provide expert-level understanding of appropriate group business, and API driven ecosystems, their associated requirements and technology usage.
- Stay abreast of relevant technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Where appropriate, provide full architectural life cycle guidance to business and IT teams and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Experience of architecting large business critical transactional systems in Digital media or retail, Financial Services or similar industries comprising of the below aspects:
- Prior experience in a Lead Architecture role or similar senior engineering / or product design role
- Web design concepts (CSS, HTML, Responsive/Adaptive design, etc)
- Software architectures (Java, JEE, Servlet, JSP, JSF, etc)
- Integration architectures (WebSphere, web services, web apis, WS*, REST, JSON, etc)
- Infrastructure architecture (networking, hardware, virtualisation, automation, etc)
- REST API Design (RAML) and SOAP Services, design standards and principles for both internal and external API production
- Micro Services Architecture
- Agile Development methods
- DevOps tooling & collaboration tools
- Java & Spring (Core, Boot, Integration)
- Database Technologies (RDBMS, e.g. Oracle and No SQL DB, e.g. Mongo DB)
- MuleSoft API Gateway, in addition knowledge of other traditional messaging / integration technologies, e.g. IBM
- Standards: OAuth +OIDC inc. Dynamic Registration, AWS and ForgeRock
- Internal APIs for Entitlements inc. consents, use of Mule Gateway and e-2-e SAML tokens.
This is on a rolling 3 month basis with several extensions likely.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.