My client is a leading global investment management firm focused on alternative markets. With a commitment to delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, they operate with a pioneering spirit and a dedication to excellence. My client seek individuals who share their passion for innovation, integrity, and collaborative success.
My client is seeking candidates experienced working with open-ended fund structures, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the accounting and financial reporting functions for the open-ended investment funds. This role requires a meticulous and detail-oriented professional with a deep understanding of fund accounting principles, regulatory requirements, and a commitment to delivering accurate and timely financial information.
- Performing, review and oversight of the monthly and quarterly closing process for the investment portfolios including pricing, management fee and expense accrual calculations, review and reconciling portfolio holdings and activity to custodial records and counterparty records as required.
- Performing, review and oversight of the daily cash and position reconciliations process with custodial and other counterparties, and assisting support teams in resolving discrepancies as required.
- Assist with the review and oversight of the work performed by third-party back office support administrators.
- Ensuring appropriate accounting recognition for corporate actions and security restructurings.
- Monitor inter-company cash flows, capital calls, expense payments and accruals and follow capped expense guidelines.
- Reviewing and/or preparing quarterly and annual financial statements prepared in accordance with U.K. GAAP and/or IFRS as required per the terms of the entity.
- Coordinating the annual financial statement audit and fieldwork with external auditors
- Calculating fund and client specific performance.
- Coordination of internal and external communications and reporting for fund openings and closings (drawdowns) and client distribution.
- 5+ years' experience with 2+ years working within an accounting department for an asset manager preferred.
- Experience performing complex reconciliations with a strong knowledge of the fundamentals of investment fund accounting (associated journal entries) and an ability to think through the investment process.
- Accounting experience with traditional fixed income securities, bank debt/loans, equities, and fx hedging transactions.
- Working knowledge of various fund structures such as CLOs, Risk Retention vehicles and Stand Alone funds.
- Candidate must have strong Excel and knowledge of financial formulae, including some modelling experience.
- Experience with Advent Geneva and Advent Geneva World Investor an advantage.
If you feel like you could be a fit for the role please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. I look forward to recieving your application.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.