My client provides insight to, oversee and support the London insurance market. Their help companies operate efficiently and retain their reputation as the market of choice for specialist insurance and reinsurance.
This opportunity sits within the Market Reserving & Capital (MRC) department. This is the actuarial department within the Corporation and is responsible for market oversight, monitoring the adequacy of reserves and capital at syndicate level. This includes the calculation of capital requirements for partnering organisations.
The responsibilities of MRC require significant volumes of data for which they must attest the accuracy, completeness and appropriateness. The successful candidate will be a leading part of maintenance and analysis of these datasets.
The role holder will be working on the development and operation of technical tools in use across MRC, focussing primarily on the systems that support the Internal Capital Model.
They will assist the improvement in efficiency, reliability and effectiveness of the data processes within the team as well as developing and enhancing the reporting capabilities.
Develop and enhance technical tools in place to assist the MRC team, including:
- R as a statistical analysis tool in use throughout Lloyd's
- SQL Server to manage our data
- Version control software including Github and Sharepoint
- Specify system requirements, perform User Acceptance Testing and investigate errors
Develop and enhance data processes for the team:
- Identify improvements and efficiencies and help the team to implement them
- Work with the data providers to enhance the data ETL process
- Work with the team to identify and implement validation of inputs to the Internal Capital Model
Develop and enhance reports and processes:
- Build, maintain and expand suite of outputs, using SQL and R, for use within the department and the wider Corporation
- Work with the team to identify and implement reports using R and Excel
- Time management: able to manage priorities on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible in prioritizing different work areas
- Communication: able to communicate with a number of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation
- Analytical skills: able to manipulate and analyse data as directed, working to a high level of accuracy
- Delivery: work to produce high quality output to agreed deadlines
- Commercial experience working with R
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including use of VBA
- Skills in analytical and data reporting software for example SQL Server
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of version control software including GitHub and Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with programming languages
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.