AWS Cloud Engineer
Up to £65,000
60% remote, up to 40% on site in the North West
Are you looking for a hands on Cloud Engineer role where you will be working across multiple areas? Do you want to work for a challenger bank who have tripled in size and are now augmenting their security team?
Established in the last 10 years, this challenger bank is making waves by doing things differently. They have recently launched a number of new products and have some further apps in beta testing. They are looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to join their lean, collaborative team to assist with their scaling up.
As the AWS Cloud Engineer, you will be hold a crucial role in the IT team, both being the technical authority for the cloud framework and remaining involved in technical support. You will be giving technical guidance to ensure that all applications developed and deployed to AWS maintain the best security practices and IT infrastructure. You can expect your daily responsibilities to include:
- AWS Cloud configuration management
- Researching and implementing new technology so that you can complement IT services and ensure that there is a robust defence-in-depth strategy
- Architect and delivering new environments and services
- Ensure that all security measures of the IT and cloud environments are effective
- Developing all standards, procedures and guidelines got managing these environments; this is a truly varied role that will enable you to up skill yourself quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Managing incident response and back up and disaster recovery
The ideal AWS Cloud Engineer will have had at least 3 years commercial experiences and have come from a role in which they have held the following responsibilities or accreditations :
- In depth configuration management, in particular, automation and scripting skills
- Experience in a "cloud first" environment, ideally with some knowledge of outsourced business environments
- Exposure to fintech or financial services as you will be working in a challenger bank
- Hands on exposure to public Cloud Computing and Security
- AWS Certifications
- Solid knowledge of AWS Cloud architecture principles
- ITIL knowledge
- A track record of combined IT and security experience
If this sounds interesting, click the "apply" button, now!
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.