My client is an international general insurance and reinsurance group specialising in commercial insurance.
Purpose of the Job:
The BI Developer will be responsible for developing some of the core components of an effective data analytics and reporting architecture capable of meeting a wide range of financial and underwriting reporting/analytics needs.
The BI Developer will;
- Work in an agile, proactive manner delivering high quality solutions in agreed timescales.
- Create reporting solutions in line with standards, architectural principles and practices.
- Develop ETL/ELT processes, data lakes, data warehouse databases, cubes, reports, dashboards, in-line with company reporting strategy and system architecture.
- Design models and databases both relational and dimensional to support reporting requirements.
This role sits within the department of COO, IT, Architecture & Analysis and reports into the Data and Reporting Architect.
- Assess business requirements and build reporting solutions to meet business needs
- Build the key components of the data lake/MI/BI architecture
- Follow Brit best practices, standards and design principles
- Assist in developing standards for data lakes, data ingestion, data access layers and BI solutions
- Ensure that adequate steps are taken to protect data
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art platforms, tools and techniques
- Ensure that all new BI/MI requirements are met using the most appropriate architecture components
- Design of appropriate BI/MI solutions to meet business needs
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong SQL skills
- Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL DB
- Data modelling
- Software development including database / reporting development, full development cycle
- Strong problem solving, information analysis, attention to detail, flexibility of approach
- The ability to deal directly with business functions and interpret their thoughts into successful reporting solutions
- The ability to develop complex BI/MI solutions using the required tools set
- Capable of working closely with the business and delivering complex requirements to tight timescales.
- Strong interest in latest BI technologies and trends in the BI/MI industry
Bonus point for:
- Experience in the build of data warehouse, data lake and/or other reporting/analytics projects
- Experience of cloud architectures and solutions, especially Azure
- Experience working with financial systems
- Agile development techniques (SCRUM, Kanban etc)
- Azure Data Lake Storage, Analysis Services (Multidimensional/Tabular), Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks/Spark, Python, MDX, DAX, SSIS, SSRS
- Azure DevOps
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.