To provide business analysis for securities and ensure that changes to services are fully assessed to enable suitable solutions to be developed. Data analysis will be a key focus of the role, to support data migration between clearing platforms.
The role sits within the Securities Clearing Technology department of the company. They have a change programme covering multiple services, both in terms of enhancements and maintenance of the existing services and also the implementation of new multi-asset class platforms.
- Identify and analyse the business requirements for new products and services and changes to existing services on equities and fixed income clearing platforms.
- Analyse data models to determine and drive the approach for migrating data between existing clearing platforms and the new clearing platform.
- Build strong relationships with all key individuals within product, business, and risk, operations and regulatory areas and liaise with them to ensure that requirements are captured and documented as appropriate.
- Produce detailed business and systems requirements documents, e.g. business process flows, data models, use cases, functional specifications.
- Work with colleagues in both onshore and offshore teams, to develop and deliver the most appropriate strategic, cost effective and deliverable solutions to problems.
- Provide input into appropriate phases of testing (Integration, UAT, and Member) to ensure that solutions are tested and implemented correctly.
- Produce externally facing documentation, including technical interface specifications.
- Work to become a clearing services expert, allowing rapid assessment of change.
- Deliver solutions that enable to operate safely, providing reliability, responsiveness and safe change.
- Work to increase the agility, to simplify the architecture, increase the change efficiency and propose innovative ideas.
- Collaborate with colleagues, embracing a culture of self-responsibility and learning to provide excellence in teams across technology and operations.
Required skills and experience:
- 3-5 years or more current experience as a business analyst in the financial services industry, working as a pure business analyst and not in a hybrid project manager or test type role.
- In-depth experience of data migration between platforms.
- IT project based roles, in structured development environments.
- Experience of working on large scale projects, across the full project life cycle.
- Transaction processing platform experience, e.g. securities settlement, OTC life cycle management.
- SWIFT, FIX and XML based messaging.
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase.
- Awareness of Clearing and CCP services.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Structured and systematic approach to work.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Delivery of individual work to a high standard in set timeframes.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline.
Desired skills and experience:
- Equities or fixed income experience.
- Working experience of Clearing and CCP services.
- Agile methodologies.