Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
A global market insurer is looking to bring on a Catastrophe Analyst to join their London office team.
- Reviewing and modelling exposure data using 3rd party and proprietary catastrophe models and tools
- Working closely with the underwriters to interpret cat model-based analysis for risk selection, for multiple territories worldwide in UKGI
- Supporting development of our exposure management techniques for non-modelled perils/territories and improving existing techniques (e.g. Flood Catchment assessment)
- Supporting the monthly roll-up process and associated reporting requirements for the Commercial division, including monitoring against internal and external limits
- Prepare regulatory returns on an adhoc basis, taking ownership of at least one
- Carrying out data quality analytics and working with underwriters to improve the completeness, resolution and appropriateness of key data inputs
The ideal candidate will have a background of working in a Catastrophe Modelling team in either a synicate or general insurer. Practical experience of portfolio roll-up, reporting and communication. SQL programming or any other language. Understanding of key mathematical and statistical concepts, including Cat metrics such as PMLs, AALs and to be able to communicate them to a non-technical audience.
This role is based within the UK, please apply if you have valid proof of right to work within the UK.
To apply please contact Thomas Knights at Eames Consulting.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.