Role: Catastrophe Risk Analyst - Reinsurance
Role purpose: Process and analyse natural catastrophe risk information primarily for Reinsurance underwriting and portfolio risk assessment. This includes supporting underwriting access to information, and supporting regular portfolio data development and analysis procedures.
About the role:
- Provide catastrophe modelling support for pricing and risk selection purposes in a timely fashion for treaty underwriting teams.
- Support group accumulation processes through review of modelling work and entries into accumulation systems
- Actively participate in monthly accumulation processes, including setting up accumulations, extracting results and liaising with the capital modelling team.
- Liaise closely with treaty underwriting teams on all catastrophe risk management issues (for example, to help communicate forthcoming model changes)
- Assist in providing catastrophe modelling support for direct and facultative lines of business as required.
- Work closely with other CRM analysts include collaborating on project work and reviewing analysis work undertaken by others.
- Actively coaches and develops more junior / less experienced team members
- Develops own knowledge of standard procedures and processes
- Act as a point of reference to guide and advise others to ensure the sharing of knowledge and best practice
- Supports others in the team where appropriate to assist in the achievement of objectives
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Database and internet software.
- Knowledge of SQL including use of views, complex queries and stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of reinsurance industry
- knowlege and experience working with natural hazards, vendor models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Educated to degree level with 3 years experience in catastrophe risk and/ or exposure management
If you would like to apply for this role, or gather some more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.