I am working exclusively with one of our clients on their search for a Chief Risk Officer based in London.
The role holder will embed and manage the Banks risk management strategy in alignment with its commercial objectives.
Salary on offer: £ 120,000 - £ 140,000
Key responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for the banks Risk Management Framework, specifically Credit, Market and Operational Risk.
- Take ownership of Risk related policies and ensure a good risk culture within the bank.
- Responsible for bank's reputation risk, including providing bank's staff with relevant training.
- To provide leadership to the Risk Management Department.
- To work in conjunction with the CEO to deliver the bank's strategy.
- Be an active member of committee meetings.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics and conduct, create and promote a culture of good conduct at all levels of the bank
- SMF4 responsibilities further include;
- Management of Corporate Investments
- Risk management oversight of the Origination, syndication and underwriting business
- Assisting in the Making of Wholesale lending decisions
The ideal candidate will match the following description
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree holder with preference for Master's degree
- Solid experience of UK regulatory risk management requirements plus extensive experience in risk management frameworks and implementation as per regulatory and best practice requirements
- Extensive experience of risk management, in particular market risk, credit risk and operational risk
- Knowledge of banking products and direct experience of Corporate Banking & Wholesale lending.
- Process management skills to ensure an effective and efficient credit process
- Experience of working in a developed market / multi-country experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Highly numerical and detail oriented
- Able to identify, hire, retain, coach & motivate top risk talent
- Team player with the ability to work within and promote cross-functional environment
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and get involved
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.