- We are looking for an energetic and effective leader to oversee a team of technical attorneys responsible for managing litigation and intricate, high-value claims in Employment Practices Liability. The role involves evaluating legal pleadings, documents, and relevant statutes to assess the legitimacy of complex liability claims. While specializing in Employment Practices Liability claims, the Claims Manager may also oversee other specialty liability insurance products and the corresponding claims staff.
- Lead a team of claims attorney professionals focusing on Employment Practices Liability claims, overseeing workflow, setting goals, and fostering a team-oriented environment.
- Educate and train team members on best claims practices, conduct quality reviews, and ensure exceptional customer service in communication with stakeholders.
- Analyze coverage issues, investigate complex claims, and provide oversight to direct reports in formulation, negotiation, and resolution within defined authority.
- Manage the entire litigation process for high-exposure liability claims, negotiate settlements, and recommend terms for claims exceeding the defined authority limit.
- Develop and maintain streamlined processes and procedures, implement techniques for enhanced productivity and cost efficiency, and oversee external parties related to claims handling responsibilities.
- Stay updated on state regulations, industry trends, and activities, attending conferences and hearings as needed.
- Provide supervision and guidance to less experienced Claims personnel, ensuring timely and accurate reporting to management and supporting other departments as required.
- Obtain and maintain necessary professional designations and claims adjuster's licenses mandated by the Company.
- Graduate Degree, Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) degree, a related field, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- 6 years of relevant legal and/or professional experience in insurance claims.
- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Claims Adjuster's License preferred.
- Possess and apply advanced knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable areas of the Company's business to proactively respond to the changing business environment.
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Travel: Up to 10% required.
Location and Compensation
- This role is hybrid based out of their Mount Kisco, NY office, reporting in 2-3 days per week and working the remainder remotely. For candidates working in person or remotely in the Mt. Kisco, NY, location, the salary range for this specific position is $146,600 - $150,000 annually. The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the Company.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.