Cloud Data Engineer required for a financial services/Insurance client in Guildford.
You will work closely with the Information Data Governance team, instilling best practice. Other key customers include: data scientists and Business Intelligence teams.
You will work in a fast-paced, agile, and continuous delivery environment. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge and will help to develop our future ways of working.
Skills & Experience
You will have a degree, MSc or PhD in a numerate or scientific discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics etc), as well as the following:
* A good understanding of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools
* Azure experience, including expert understanding of Azure Data Lakes
* Strong experience in the extraction of data from SQL servers
* Strong in some programming languages, like Python, R and Scala
* Ideally will worked in the wider financial services or insurance sector
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to simplify problems into component parts and deal with them systematically
* Desirable but not essential - understanding of Meta-data driven data ingestion using Kafka
* Desirable but not essential - understanding of Postgres databases
* Desirable but not essential - experience of data visualization tools (QlikSense etc)
If you're interested in this position please send us your CV and salary expectations
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.