A leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader is seeking an experienced market risk professional to be responsible for monitoring, assessing, and reporting the execution of the organisations trading strategies by the Front Office in London.
To do this, the Analyst will need to:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the organisations physical and paper commodity market strategies (for both LNG and coal)
- Develop a detailed understanding of the structuring and pricing of complex deals within the organisations portfolio
- Have the ability to monitor and critically assess the execution and performance of the various trading strategies and be able to report back to colleagues and management
- Ad-hoc scenario analysis, including pre-deal analysis
- Risk reporting including Risk Capital assessments
- Validation of complex MtM and pricing curves for both physical LNG, coal, and freight
- Contributing to the New Business Committee process
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confident personality, with the ability to communicate effectively in English at all levels within the organisation
- Attention to details and the ability to work logically, quickly, and accurately
- Computer literate, numerate, and comfortable handling varied and complex data sets
- A commercial approach to his/her duties, a flexible approach to problem solving, and the ability to work effectively as part of a small, culturally diverse team
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Educated to Graduate/Post-Graduate level, preferably with a strong economics, finance or quantitative element
- At least 3 years' experience in a Market Risk or Risk Management environment within either a commodity trading organisation or energy utility. Some Front Office experience would also be useful.
- The candidate needs to have a thorough understanding of traded energy markets and ideally have had exposure to the European gas and/or the LNG market
- Strong data analytics skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.