Privately owned specialty insurer who focus on specialty insurance and reinsurance are seeking an experienced complinace candidate to join their established team.
Reporting to the Head of UK Compliance, the role represents an exciting opportunity to become involved in all aspect of Compliance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performance of second line Compliance Monitoring activities, such as Gifts and Entertainment monitoring.
- Clearing financial crime and sanctions screening alerts, on a daily basis.
- Responding to queries and providing guidance to the business.
- Dealing with international licensing queries, alerts, renewals and monitoring.
- Undertaking the annual review of policies, procedures and guidance documents.
- Reviewing regulatory and commercial developments and providing updates to the Compliance team.
- Assisting in the planning and completion of key and ad hoc projects.
- Responsibility for maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar.
- Responding to Broker TOBA requests and answering queries.
- Responsibility for filing TOBAs and maintaining and developing the TOBA database.
- The preparation and collation of board papers and meeting packs.
- Dealing with routine correspondence, general departmental queries, administrative tasks and monitoring the Compliance Inbox.
- Maintain an awareness and appreciation of team members' day to day activities to support and provide assistance at all times
- All matters undertaken by the compliance department when required, supporting the Compliance Plan and Objectives
Essential skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Professional approach with a strong desire to learn
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Have the ability to develop awareness and communications at all levels within the company
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Ability to handle a varied workload and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Compliance experience in financial services industry
- Knowledge of the International regulatory landscape
- Proficiency in Power Point.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to support success and timely delivery in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Has personal drive and resilience in established and new/changing situations
- A team player with strong interest in the performance of the business as a whole