Due to an internal promotion this leading (re) insurance broker are seeking an experienced compliance professional to join their London based team. This is a generalist role reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager providing wide exposure and project involvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the advisory role provided by the department by investigating queries and highlighting issues from Business Units and overseas entities, relating to our policy and procedures, licencing and issues.
- Contribute to Compliance projects, including working with Operational Teams to facilitate implementation.
- Support Head of Compliance in the management and delivery of the Compliance Plan.
- Assist in the design and delivery of thematic reviews.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of registers
- Assist with the management of the timetable and preparation of Compliance reports for Compliance Committee meetings.
- Assist in the development of compliance training modules and guides
- Keep abreast of changes to applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, and work with other areas of Compliance to propose appropriate application of these across the business.
- Assist in ensuring the requirements of external legislation and regulations (e.g. FCA, Lloyd’s legislation, Money Laundering/Proceeds of Crime, Data Protection) are embodied in procedures and reflected in best practice and other general business compliance procedures.
- Assist, where required, with preparation of information requests from the FCA and Lloyd’s (and any other relevant regulatory or legislative body).
- Assist, in ensuring Compliance policies and procedures are fully documented and are kept up to date. Manage the regular review of policies with support from subject matter experts.
- Assist in the management of conflicts of interest controls as may be required.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote brand and values to enhance our reputation in the market
Experience and background required:
- Previous experience within a compliance role within insurance
- A desire to be in a generalist, projects-based role
- Evidence of excellent time-keeping and time management, including working to deadlines
- Experience in working through volume work, and sifting through information to break down to crucial points
- Experience in reporting back on findings and progress
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.