Eames Consulting is working closely with a major player within the M&A Insurance market who is looking to hire a Dutch speaking Corporate Solicitor to join their team.
We are looking for a Qualified Solicitor with fluent English and Dutch. They are going through a growth phase and finding increasing demand from their Benelux business.
The role will require an entrepreneurial approach and willingness to use initiative but also a strong legal grounding, with solid understanding of warranties, indemnities and limitations in transaction documents
- Insurance knowledge is not required and will be provided by the company.
- With access to, and support from the M&A’s wider team’s extensive skill set, the successful candidate will:
1. Learn about the M&A insurance market and the risks assumed by the insurance market
2. Understand and learn the unique approach to broking which has underpinned our growth across Europe
3. Engage with clients and in time run transaction processes from an insurance perspective
4. Engage and work together with our specialist tax, environmental, title and litigation teams when placing tax, environmental, title and litigation policies
5. Join business development meetings and pitches with investors and legal advisors, and in time run these meetings and develop own client base
6. Train and develop future hires into the Benelux team
- Given the bespoke nature of the policies (essentially they are extensions of SPAs) and the complex risks covered, this process requires intellectual rigour and technical expertise. Each deal
and is unique and an ability to think ‘outside of the box’ is key!
- The typical brokerage commission on the policies we place can vary between EUR 50k-500k+ and as such, providing an excellent service and client centric approach is fundamental to what we do
- A determination and willingness to learn about a new, although related market to the “traditional” M&A market
- Written and oral business fluency in English and Dutch
- 3-5 year qualified lawyer at a leading Dutch or International M&A law firm
- Articulate, personable and willing to meet clients/prospective clients and their advisors to explain our offering
- The ability to understand and analyse legal documents (SPAs, APAs etc.) and identify the information that will be most key to a prospective insurer
- The ability to understand and analyse due diligence reports, including matters that you may not have come across before on previous transactions
If you are interested feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion, even if it is just to understand this opportunity a little bit better.
Here are my contact details:
T| 004420 7092 3236