My Client a Middle Eastern Bank is in the search for a credit analyst with 3 to 5 years experience in commercial real estate and an understanding of Islamic banking.
- Screening Leads - Obtain lead overview (client, property and financing terms requested) and screen against the approved requirements.
- Screening Leads - Confirm whether the potential deal fits within the approved requirements and that the prospective deal meets all criteria and is thus eligible for credit. If not confirm to the client / originating party why the lead cannot be taken forward.
- Information Gathering - If the deal does fit then gather further information, including Client details & relationship background (including details of any existing facilities), net worth statement, audited financial statements, ownership structure, credit reports, property and tenancy details.
- Approvals - Based on information provided prepare the GLM (Green-light Memo) and submit to Approval Committee / Board as relevant
- Due Diligence - Once signed term sheet received from the client commence detailed due diligence in accordance with credit policy and procedures, which will include financial analysis, credit analysis, identification of risks and credit structuring in preparation / inclusion in the Credit Memo.
- Credit Application - If approved then proceed to prepare the full CA package including instruction of lawyers
- Credit Application - Obtain quotes for the 3 panel valuers and confirmation on their reporting time-lines, obtain client approval before instructing
- Credit Application - Where relevant, obtain a Building Survey (incl M&E & Environmental)
- Credit Application - Once received, fully read through the reports submitted and identify whether any issues have been raised that would preclude us from financing the property on the indicative terms previously submitted to the client. Discuss with Head of Real Estate.
- CCD & Fund Disbursement - Provide CCD with all supporting documentation and information required in coordination with colleagues in operations and oversee the deal to legal completion.
- Credit Monitoring & Review - Complete the Credit Monitoring Deal Tracker ensuring all appropriate financial covenants and undertakings are captured and accurate dates are entered.
- Credit Monitoring & Review - Continue to monitor compliance with the covenants and information undertakings and take all necessary follow up action as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant will require;
- 3-5 years Credit Analyst experience within Commercial Real Estate
- Preferably in an Islamic Bank
- Experience of preparing credit application including analytics and putting packs together
- Numerate, accurate with attention to detail
- Excellent EXCEL skills
- Able to work well under pressure, and manage multiple priorities.
- Good communicator, able to quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- An open minded approach with a willingness to learn on the job new credit skills
- Able to use initiative, and to escalate issues when appropriate
- Full right to work in the UK
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.