My Client - A subsiduary of an International Bank is in the search for a credit analyst, with experience in carrying out in depth financial statement analyst on financial institutions.
- Analyse credit data and financial statements primarily of banks and non-banks financial institutions to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Collect and analyse client information in order to identify risk and where possible present mitigants (Counterparties records, credit rating agency reports, sovereign research, peers research, etc.).
- Confer with Risk division and other business representatives within the bank to exchange credit information.
- Prepare credit applications and credit related reports, including credit analyses and summaries of facility requests, and submit to Credit approval authorities for decision.
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate the counterparties' financial status.
- Review of the Financial Institutions counterparties information gathered and available in Credit Files and public domains and escalate for preventive actions when required.
- Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar counterparty peers by geography and market share (bank and non-bank FIs).
- Seek counterparties' clarification and explore additional sources of information, which should enable sufficiently informed decision.
- Make recommendations and lead /participate in project to enhance policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with the bank's Credit Policies.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant information (e.g. legal, market risk, compliance).
- Take minutes of the departmental meetings and clients call reports when required.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of presentations related to the team performance or client pitches.
The Successful Applicant will require;
- Strong knowledge of credit (appraisal, analysis, review, monitoring etc)
- 2-3 years of banking credit or rating agency experience is preferred.
- Exposure to credit analysis of financial institution is advantages
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Awareness about banking products including trade finance, treasury as well as compliance and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Result oriented, proactive and self-starter.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.