Global Financial Services organisation is looking to expand there Cyber Security operations across the UK, they are undergoing a global transformation programme for there online / eCommerce offering, due to this the CISO is looking for a Security Architect.
- Understand security control requirements, as defined in security policies, standards and IT control framework and translate them into architecture patterns and solution designs, to help advise project managers and developers across the business.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging security risks and the changing threat landscape and recommend mitigating solutions to project managers and developers to help ensure security enhancement and controls are pro-actively applied.
- Support the development and maintenance of security architecture building blocks and define security architecture reference models to help ensure efficient application and risk mitigation across Group and business divisions.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of security technology and products as defined in the security technology roadmap, to help ensure that the selected tooling aligns with control requirements.
- Review the configuration of existing systems or solutions and identify security issues which require a change to its configuration, provide improvement recommendations and escalate any potentials risks to help ensure security risks are pro-actively managed.
- Collaborate with change management and project leaders to keep abreast of and continuously improve the project lifecycle methodology and security design governance requirements, to help ensure security requirements are embedded at the onset of a project.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred but not essential) or equivalent experience in computer science, IT engineering, or related field
- A master's degree or equivalent in Information / Cyber Security would be an advantage
- Information Security and /or Information Technology industry certification (CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, GIAC or equivalent) strongly preferred
- Member of Institute of Information Security Professionals (M.IISP) or have the qualification, skills and experience to become a member
- Industry-recognised architecture certification (SABSA, TOGAF or equivalent) is preferred
- Certifications from industry-leading vendors of network security solutions would be desirable but is not essential
- Expertise in development of multi-tier and cross-platform security architecture plans
- Understanding of general security practices such as encryption, IAM, security information and event management etc. and supporting technologies
- In-depth understanding of network security technologies such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, web application firewalls, network access control etc.
- Understanding of cloud security architecture is preferred
- Organised with a proven ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines, and utilise time effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior work experience in security architecture is essential
- Prior experience in delivering highly technical and innovative security engineering / design products
- Prior work experience in Financial Services sector preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.