Working as part of the Data Design and Architecture Team alongside the Agile Change team with the Data and MI Scrum Master and the Data and MI System owner you will be responsible for initial triage of requests for Data and MI requests including impact assessment and estimating the complexity of change.
Previous experience of Reporting and BI architecture, Business, Logical and Physical Data Modelling in both Relational and Dimensional methods within Insurance or Financial Services industry having worked on large scale transformation programmes is preferable.
Must be self-starter and have experience of industry standard models as well as bespoke data modelling skills. Previous experience of the IBM data Models a bonus
- Architecture oversight for Data and MI change, e.g. Reporting change, data change or provision of data within the wider agile change across personal lines transformation programme.
- Triage of new requests for Data and MI services including change
- Supporting Data and MI System owner in defining overall release scheduling for a data and MI to ensure business priorities are met whilst achieving most cost efficient and high quality application of IT changes
- Identifying opportunities to optimise owned IT system/application to improve change efficiency, enable business capability and reduce Total cost of ownership
- Governing and controlling reporting and BI Architectural Change across the PL Estate
- Articulating content and modelling principles to other modellers and business users
- Developing models to reflect business area-specific data needs
- Support review, sign-off and adoption of models in collaboration with global businesses
- Facilitate resolution of model conflicts created by competing business requirements
- Lead and Participate in design workshops
- Provide communication of decisions
- Design of the UK Logical Data Model across Personal Lines transformation programme.
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry
- Strong understanding of Data modelling practices,
- Experience of creating and maintaining : business information models and logical Data Models
- Experience of business analysis and business data requirements,
- strong stakeholder management skills.
- Data Modelling Tools (e.g. Erwin, Infosphere Data Architect etc…)
- Case Tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Rational Rose, Casewise, Infosphere Software Architect etc…)
- Previous experience of Master Data Management a plus
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams with designers and developers.
- Intermediate/Advanced Oracle PL/SQL and SQL developer skills
- Knowledge of /experience in Talend
Knowledge of and architecture experience in Qlick (mandatory)
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.