A top tier bank is looking for a Data Business analyst to join their team in London
Data Analyst / Business Analyst
- Define and obtain source data required to successfully deliver insights and use cases
- Determine the data mapping required to join multiple data sets together across multiple sources
- Create methods to highlight and report data inconsistencies, allowing users to review and provide feedback on
- Propose suitable data migration sets to the relevant stakeholders
- Assist teams with processing the data migration sets as required
- Assist with the planning, tracking and coordination of the data migration team and with the migration run-book and the scope for each customer
- Knowledge of and experience using data models and data dictionaries in a Banking and Financial Markets context. Knowledge of Trade Finance or Securities Services particularly useful.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following domains (including market data vendors):
- Instrument and pricing
- Market and/or Credit Risk
- Preferable knowledge and experience in Data Quality & Governance.
- Can write SQL queries, Scala knowledge preferable and navigate data bases especially Hive, CMD, Putty, Note++
- Experience of using and flattening XML
- Experience of big data programmes preferable
- Enthusiastic and energetic problem solver to join an ambitious team
- Business analysis skills, defining and understanding requirements
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of SDLC and formal Agile processes, a bias towards TDD and a willingness to test products as part of the delivery cycle
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-programme environment across a range of stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing small delivery-focussed data teams
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.