My client work on projects with agile methodologies at their core: rapid iteration, continual improvement & customer focused learning. You will be working in the Smarter Living area of the lab and you will be joining the team to develop solutions in order to deliver scalable applications on the platform and maintain the existing code base, databases and APIs.
The backend platform is used to receive and process data from a number of smart devices, storing, processing and making the data available to a set of APIs for consumption by applications in a suitable format. The role will be expected to lead on the technical stack used, best practice tools and ways of working. You are joining a rapidly growing team, but will be among the first in house developers!
The duties attached to this role includes:
- Evaluate different technical options for developments, which will have a significant contribution to business success, balancing risk with opportunity.
- Actively participate in Sprint planning sessions providing accurate estimates for each task.
- Identify and resolve technical and functional errors across all sites
- Mentor and share technical expertise with the team when required.
- Provide written/verbal project progress reports or updates as requested by Scrum Master and senior members of the team.
- Analyse builds proactively to identify problems and trends and propose technical solutions and recommend changes to optimise system performance and usability.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place to support future maintenance of system and to support operational requirements.
- Ensure excellent level of communication to/from the team and key relationships.
- Promote self-managing and proactive attitude within the team.
- Availability to do out of hour support work if necessary.
The Client has stated that the following skills and experience are mandatory:
Skills and Experience
- Experience with big data tools Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Cask
- Experience with Java, Python , Scala
- Experience with AWS including EC2 , EMR , Athena, S3 , RDS , Redshift , as well as an understanding of VPCs, Cloud Formation, SQS, and other Amazon PaaS tools.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases including Postgres , Aurora/MySQL , and
- Experience with stream processing technologies including Flume, Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kinesis.
- Experience working with IoT technologies including MQTT
- Experience with data analysis , data warehouse, big data technologies
- Experience working with Linux server s and open source technologies
- Familiarity with the lifecycle of overall digital projects, from idea to market roll out
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Experience with Test Driven Development , automated test and build, continuous integration/continuous deployment using Jenkins
- Enthusiasm in delivering exciting digital projects
- Demonstrate achievement of practical realisation of digital project
- Familiar with Agile and SCRUM delivery.
- Excellent communication and "customer" facing skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to produce high quality work.
- Thrive on problem solving and be able to work independently.
- Be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Be able to take direction from Enterprise and Technical Architects.
- Be self-motivated and organised and an excellent team player.
- Design and develop quality solutions for back end platforms.
Please get in touch or apply below if you are interested and I'll be happy to discuss this further and provide the full job specification.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.