A Data Product Owner is required within a leading insurance firm to help drive forward some of their most challenging and interesting internal data projects. Created with a blend of insurance industry experts and technology champions from various industries, this client focuses on Digital Products and Data Solutions including automation, business-to-business / direct-to-consumer sales, analytics and driving business value from data insight.
This is an initial 6 month contract paying £500 a day outside IR35.
- Provide data and insights across the business, right through from creation to mining and insights. You will see through successful delivery of insurance data products to the business, liaising with internal business stakeholders and technical delivery teams.
- You will help manage the gathering and documenting of requirements, shaping the product in line with the portfolio and the business need.
- You will be a focal point for queries and issues relating to the product and driving customer satisfaction. Feeding in to the overall strategy of the portfolio will be an important part of the role, keeping the alignment and the big picture in mind.
- As an emerging function there will be regular change and opportunities to pivot and improve.
- Working to unlock the power of the data, you will have the overall objective to change the way the entire business functions day-to-day with increased use of data-based decision making.
- This role will contribute to developing that capability and embedding it into the business.
What you'll bring:
- Experience working with data within the Insurance sector
- Demonstrable experience of personally contributing to successful products
- Ability to balance vision with detail - seeing connections and the big picture, whilst having in-depth knowledge of the product detail
- Understanding general and also legal principles of insurance (e.g. Law of Agency)
- Understanding of London market operations (Lloyds, IUA, LPSO, LPC etc.)
- Awareness of the regulatory environment and requirements including e.g. FCA rules, data protection, money laundering, specific standards of insureds' professional bodies
- Highly proactive and organised, with good planning/prioritisation/time management skills, working flexibly to achieve tight deadlines/targets
- Analytical and able to solve problems
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.