My client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. The have over 40,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries.
This role sits within the Investment, Risk and Reinsurance segment of the business, where hey help clients free up capital by working closely with investors, reinsurers and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
This role is as a senior associate in our general insurance consulting practice, a data science practitioner, with a focus on technical model building in the UK general insurance markets in either commercial or personal lines, you'll help us further enhance our market leading pricing and analytics advisory capability.
You will work beside some of the market's top thought leaders designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to pricing and underwriting challenges faced by leading general insurers, intermediaries and Lloyd's syndicates.
In your role you will be helping our broad set of UK pricing clients by:
- Delivering best in class models across claims, pricing and underwriting
- Lead the build of effective models, tools and processes
- Enhancing our practical data science and analytics capabilities and offerings
- Designing and building sophisticated MI and portfolio management capabilities
The team you'll be joining are looking to push some of their existing products into new areas, through the use of advanced data analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
We are looking for a Data Scientist, having at least three years of experience ideally focus on technical model building in the UK general insurance markets - however although an insurance background is preferable not essential and applicants from other areas of financial services or management consultancy are encouraged.
- Minimum of three years of recent and relevant focussed analytics and data science experience
- An advocate for the development of analytical approaches and the adoption of new techniques, including data science, machine learning and AI
- Solid experience with data manipulation packages (SAS, SQL, WPS, etc.)
- Experience of coding in Python or R is essential;
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work and thrive within ambiguity
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to see the "bigger picture", leveraging the resources of related practices to effectively address clients' business challenges
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis, both domestically and internationally, and, if necessary, to work on-site at client offices
- A track record in innovation and creativity delivering realised revenue enhancements
- Experience of Emblem and Radar software is preferred, but not essential
Please note this role can be based in either London or Reigate, and will require flexibility from the successful candidate to travel between these locations as necessary.
My client is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.