A specialist insurance broker is looking for a Deputy Head of Compliance to join their compliance team in Singapore. The Company is focusing on providing wealth planning services to the High-Net-Worth individual's (HNW). The hiring manager and CEO have been instrumental in growing the firm over the past decade. At this juncture, they have grown from a Singapore centric to regional firm covering several countries in the region.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Review the Regulatory, AML and Data Protection requirements to assess the impact on the Company.
- Assist Regional Head of Compliance to prepare the documents for Regulator’s Inspection, Internal and/or External Audits.
- Maintain and Manage the Outsourcing related matters.
- Prepare Risk Assessment Reports for all business units.
- Review any red flags and conduct screening of the names of clients using World Check, Dow Jones and other public websites during application and after-sales stages.
- Conduct Post-Transaction Review of cases that closed by Sales Consultants and follow up with Sales Consultants and New Business Managers on the outstanding items. Lead the Post-Transaction reviewer team.
- Experience in life insurance industry or private bank is preferred.
- Compliance experience 7-8 years is preferred.
- Experience in managing a small team.
- Able to read Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Working environment with entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Flat hierarchy for a global organisation of such size and scope which provides a spirit of collaborative independence.