Eames are working closely with a Large banking client in order to find a Design Control Lead to manage the team that sits within the design function which helps ensure that all design activity is coordinated, aligned to scope and delivered to expected quality standards.
The team interacts with a range of stakeholders from across the programme including Policy, Business Design, Architecture, Commercial, Legal and Test to ensure the appropriate standards, traceability and design governance are embedded and maintained.
As the Design Control Lead you will be accountable for defining and delivering the programme strategy for Design Control, representing Design Control in relevant programme governance meetings and, when required, within the Programme Management Team. Working closely with the Programme leadership team, Programme Management Office (PMO), workstream leads and suppliers, you will require good planning, management and organisation skills to help ensure design activity across the Programme can progress uninterrupted.
What they are looking for:
- Good understanding of business and technical design and how these evolve through programme delivery lifecycles.
- Comfortable shaping solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Strong organisation and planning skills. This role will require a deep understanding of the programme plan, key milestones and delivery approach. The role is required to report against plans on a weekly basis while identifying, communicating and escalating risks.
- Ability to handle dependencies across a portfolio of workstreams/ projects.
- Demonstrable experience in leading design change and impact assessment processes through complex governance landscapes to strict timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders quickly.
- Financial services background is preferable
If this sounds of interest and you have the relevant skill set, please send your CV across for review.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.