A Counterparty Credit Risk Director role has arisen within a leading financial services firm here in London.
This role will be responsible for the management of the Risk framework, policies, processes and practices in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Key duties are as follows:
- Advising Management Committee, Risk Committee and the Board on Risk issues
- Assisting the Board to develop a proactive Risk strategy of engagement with the key regulators
- In conjunction with the Finance compile and maintain the ICAAP, Pillar II stress testing and Pillar III
- Responsible for initial and ongoing analysis of counterparties and to provide comprehensive reviews to support counterparties credit limits
- Developing and maintaining an integrated firm-wide Risk Framework encompassing all key Risks for review and approval by the Audit & Risk Committee and the Board
- Recommending changes to the Risk Appetite Statement and key risk policies for review and approval by the Board Audit & Risk Committee and the Board
- Ensuring that any Risks that fall outside the approved Risk Appetite of the firm are identified and escalated to Management Committee and the Risk Committee as required
- Undertaking forward looking Risk and regulatory assessments to support the development of business and operating strategy
- Providing critical strategic advice to the Board, Board Audit & Risk Committee on Risk issues
- Providing constructive challenge to business and operational functions in relation to the effectiveness of Risk
- Developing Risk policies and related tolerances for Board approval
Relevant skills/experience required
- In-depth understanding of counterparty credit analysis
- Ability to present at Board level and to act as a key point of contact with the regulatory authorities in matters of Risk
- Produce detailed reports and other written material of a technical and/or complex nature
- Capable of planning and implementing and controlling a project with appropriate monitoring and reporting safeguards
- Commodity and Financial Futures and Options industry knowledge and experience desirable
- Demonstrate extensive in-depth knowledge and awareness of counterparty credit risk
- In depth appreciation of the FCA Handbook and the regulatory agenda
- Extensive understanding of governance and, Risk, able to develop an effective holistic view of the Risk
- Good IT awareness and knowledge
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.