A high-growth PE-backed tech business, with a fantastic story to tell is looking to appoint a Finance Manager in a wide-ranging and hands-on role. The company is growing rapidly in the UK/Europe and the US, with their FD looking to secure someone who may be stepping into their first management role. The business is growing through its next phase of growth, and as such is looking to improve the output of finance and the level of business partnering provided to the business.
Responsibilities will be split between day-to-day oversight of all reporting, accounting, and analysis for the group, alongside involvement in project work related to growth.
High-level responsibilities are:
- Managing Finance Team output during month-end processes to ensure accounts are delivered on time
- Production of the consolidated monthly management accounts including improving the current management and board packs
- Budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis
- Provide guidance around which accounting standards are relevant to us and how best to implement them
- Being the main point of contact for the auditors at year-end and preparing the statutory accounts
- Variance analysis at month-end to understand differences to budget and prior periods
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns
- Implementing/improving internal controls within Finance
- Oversee monthly payroll processing, working alongside HR
- Managing and supporting a team of 3
- Involvement in a raft of project work related to a business in growth mode
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACMA, ACCA or equivalent - and likely around the 2 to 3 years PQE mark or equivalent
- Good end-to-end finance experience across all aspects of financial and management accounting
- From preferably a background in smaller to medium-sized companies; prior experience in a tech or SaaS business isn't essential
- Clean CV and track record of success
- Has worked (and thrived) in a fast-paced environment and embraces change
- Someone who thinks proactively and is always looking for ways to improve processes
- Happy managing people and/or keen to take on your first management role
- Good systems skills, particularly Excel
Salary on offer is £70-75,000 base plus benefits and bonus, central London location, hybrid working 3 days a week in the office.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.