Financial Accountant - Reinsurance
Global Reinsurer is currently looking for an experienced Finance Accountant to join their London team. This is a newly created role following the launch of a new European entity and is an ideal opportunity for an Insurance Finance professional looking for a broad finance role that includes Financial Reporting and Management Reporting along with a heavy project focus.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and monthly management accounts
- Lead role in finance projects focusing on improving current processes and controls with a focus on the automation of current finance processes
- Accounting and analysing of reinsurance recoveries
- Preparing and accounting reinsurance statements
- Regulatory and foreign branch reporting
- Preparation and submission of tax returns
- Key point of contact with external auditors and answering audit queries
- Proven experience in statutory and management accounting within the Insurance industry - essential
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with post qualified industry experience - essential
- Good understanding of the reinsurance industry - highly desirable
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong finance project experience including examples of improving processes ideally including finance automation projects
This role also includes regular interaction with the underwriting and claims division and it essential that you have strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. The position offers realistic career progression to a Head of Finance role in the future along with a flexible working culture.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.