This role is as a business focused business analyst in the GDPR team. The project is in the start-up phase focusing on the strategic delivery of GDPR at a global level with oversight of roll out at a business unit level.
Specifically the role will:
- Build strong productive relationships with the business, and, where necessary, IT teams and external third parties, in order to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business.
- Strategic thinking and high quality outputs through excellent relationship building and clear communications.
- Ability to work individually or within a team and able lead specific packages of work.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions and workshops with various levels of the business ensuring that the strategic needs are being met while also realising incremental benefits.
- Produce high quality project documentation, business analyst deliverables.
- Be prepared to work in a variety of settings and with a variety of teams to assist with the change management of the project.
- Work across the business and IT to provide a consistency of approach to analysis minimising duplication of effort across the teams.
- Strong communication and interpretation skills – the ability to understand a business requirement and communicate the key findings to stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical ability to interpret the results of analysis and identify the key information that needs to be communicated
- Able to deliver to deadlines and manage multiple deadlines
- Understanding of general insurance
- Understanding of data privacy and or GDPR is essential. Ideally with hands on experience working on regulatory projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative – you do not accept the status quo
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
- Some knowledge of contracts, marketing and procurement processes would be advantageous but not essential
- User of Visio and process mapping